As you will be aware we have had a small number of positive cases of COVID-19 in school, in recent weeks.
We want to assure you, that although the cases are low in number – we continue to ensure the safety of our school community is extremely important. We are in regular contact with Public Health Newcastle – who confirm that school has all required measures in place to keep us all as safe as possible, as well as additional safety protocol for which we have been commended.
Please see the information below as a reminder of how we can all work together to continue to remain as safe as possible.
How to stop COVID-19 spreading
There are things you can do to help reduce the risk of you, and anyone you live with getting ill with COVID-19:
Remember; ‘Hands, Face, Space and Let Fresh Air In’:
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards.
- Try to stay apart from anyone you don’t live with as much as possible.
- Use a face covering when you are inside crowded places such as supermarkets and public transport.
- If meeting others, try to do so outside as much as possible. If inside, open the window to let fresh air in.