Miss Elliott's Message
COVID Update 21-3-22
Unfortunately, we are beginning to experience a rise in positive cases of COVID in both our staff and pupil population. We currently have cases in Y1, Y3, Y5 and Y6. There is a new omicron variant in circulation, which apparently is even more transmissible but less virulent.
We have stepped up some of our COVID measures to try and reduce the spread and we have been informed by Newcastle Local Authority that Newcastle is seeing a rise in cases; Newcastle is above the North East average, but currently still below the national average.
We have a number of children absent with cold like symptoms and/or an upset tummy.
We are advising all parents to get their children tested if they are feeling unwell, and to remain absent from school should they test positive for COVID.
COVID-19: people with COVID-19 and their contacts Updated 14 March 2022
Some key points though:
- Please keep up the basic mitigations such as hand hygiene and regular cleaning
- Those who feel ill or exhibit any of the main symptoms should stay at home and access a PCR (they are still available)
- You should ask staff and pupils who are symptomatic to stay away from school whilst waiting for a PCR test, and if they test positive they should not be in school. School can insist on this, if not to do so risks spreading COVID in school.
- Return on day 6 after two negative LFD tests. (On morning of Day 5 and morning of Day 6)
- No need to self-isolate as a close contact of a family member.
I hope that this rise in cases is only temporary and we will keep you informed should we need to make any further changes to our COVID Risk Assessment measures.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding.
Miss Elliott and the SLT.